I came across this while reading a book on problem solving. I thought it would make a great Kata.
- There are five houses, each with a front door of a different colour, and inhabited by people of different nationalities, with different pets and drinks. Each person eats a different kind of food.
- The Australian lives in the house with the red door.
- The Italian owns the dog.
- Coffee is drunk in the house with the green door.
- The Ukrainian drinks tea.
- The house with the green door is immediately to the right (your right) of the house with the ivory door.
- The mushroom-eater owns snails.
- Apples are eaten in the house with the yellow door.
- Milk is drunk in the middle house.
- The Norwegian lives in the first house on the left.
- The person who eats onions lives in the house next to the person with the fox.
- Apples are eaten in the house next to the house where the horse is kept.
- The cake-eater drinks orange juice.
- The Japanese eats bananas.
- The Norwegian lives next to the house with the blue door.
Now, who drinks water and who owns the zebra?
Adair, J. (2010). Decision Making and Problem Solving Strategies. Kogan Page.